The prosthesis threader is an accessory for the lower femoral limbs. Users therefore do not wear sleeves.
It facilitates the donning of femoral prostheses. This device is made of a particularly light and slippery material and relieves pain that may occur when putting on a prosthesis.
- Fully deploy the prosthesis threader
- Turn half the length on itself to the bottom seam (the loop is turned outward).
- Pass it over the stump with both hands, like a sock, making as few folds as possible.
- Slide the socket over the stump so that the loop of the prosthesis threader can be passed through the opening of the suction cup of the socket after threading. This creates a vacuum ensuring a secure bond between the stump and the socket.
- Finally, gently remove the prosthesis threader from the valve opening by pulling on the loop. Once the valve opening is closed, expel residual air from the socket using the button on the valve. This creates a vacuum ensuring a secure bond between the stump and the socket.
Hand wash at 30 ° with a special detergent. Rinse well to remove all soap residue. Allow to air dry. Do not expose to heat during drying (sun rays, radiator, tumble dryer). Do not iron, dry clean and do not use abrasive products.
For hygiene reasons, the prosthesis threader is suitable for personal use.